The last two years we provided surf camps for 14 and more guests. Two groups parallel, beginner to advanced, each week. We had an amazing time but realized it is impossible to go in depth with so many guests at the same time. Most surf camps across the world seem to focus only on beginner and low intermediate surfers. Many surf schools claim to cater for advanced/intermediate surfers as well, however, most of the time these camps lack the expertise and just offer surf guiding without proper analysis and theory. As a surfer progresses, she or he will reach a point where most surf camps can't teach them anything new anymore and the surfer reaches a plateau. We’ve created our intensive, unique surf coachings exactly for this type of surfer.
We decided to downsize the group to a maximum of 6 guests per coaching to ensure a high-quality surf coaching which really evolves your surf level in just a week. This gives us the opportunity to focus on these six guests with their different expectations for what to work on.
We are confident to unlock your full surfing potential and fast track your progress during our coaching weeks. Get ready for specialized, intensive and personalized coachings focusing on body mechanics, performance analysis, theoretical lessons, technique, psychology and lots of surf photography. Your surfing will be analyzed into the finest detail by either our British head coach Scott or our Canadian head coach Jordan .
Are you a low intermediate surfer? We offer a couple of low intermediate weeks again throughout the year which are run by our great local teacher Rin. Have a look here for more info.
What is “experienced intermediate level”?
You are an "experienced intermediate surfer" if...
- ...you catch waves of your own
- ...you know how to do the pop up but it’s technical not optimal yet
- ...you often find yourself in the wrong position in the line up
- ...you know how to perform a bottom turn in order to go left or right but it’s technical not optimal or your timing is off
- ...you starting to initiate maneuvers but don’t know how and when to do it
- ...you are still confused on how to read the waves
- ...you have attended surf camps / coachings before or have tried to coach yourself
- ...you have your own board
What is “advanced level”?
You are an "advanced surfer" if...
- ... you are able to catch and read waves consistently
- ... you can handle the line up and its rules
- ... you have a solid take off and no issues with a bottom turn
- ... you are able to ride along the wave (right & left) and already able or attempt for technique maneuvers like Cut back, Snap and speed generation.
However, you feel stuck on a plateau and you are not improving any further? Then our intense advanced technique surf coaching program is definitely right for you!
What does a typical coaching day look like?
Depending on the tide and weather:
- breakfast at the Lodge (before or after the session)
- transport by car (and boat) to the surf spot
- morning surf session lasting about 2 to 3 hours
- back to the Lodge
- depending on time either lunch in peace or during the workshop
- theory workshop or in-depth photo analysis sessions @Drop In (if on a day trip, we do the photo analysis at the beach)
- afternoon/ sunset surf session lasting about 2 to 3 hours
- dinner at the Lodge
- you will have around 10 surf sessions in total (rumor has it we are a fun-filled surf bootcamp)
- we always have 2 local instructors in the water from 3 guests upwards
- 7 recharging nights in our beautiful Mediterranean bungalows with Western standard (incl. daily housekeeping)
- daily rich & healthy breakfast (buffet with basics and lots of choices from the menu (Western & Indonesian)
- 6 dinners including dessert cooked by our chef Edi
- 1 Goodbye Dinner in a restaurant in town
- One in-house massage for your sore muscles
- 24/7 coffee, tea & water
- Free WiFi in main house & bungalows
- Airport transfer
- Surprise gift
- 6 days of surfing packed with:
- A minimum of 9 to 10 surf session (depending on weather conditions)
- Five morning sessions are photographed
- One session with a special in-water camera shooting
- Two well trained local instructors who assist you with positioning and catching waves as well as taking care of your safety
- One surf mobility & stretch session
- Half day breathwork basics, rescue & CPR training
- Transportation by car & boat to the surf spots
- daily in depth photo analysis from each of your waves
- daily theory workshops about body mechanics, surf tactic and much more
- Step by step guidance throughout and tips & tricks from surfer to surfer
- Sunday to Sunday, minimum age is 16.